Singer-songwriters are set to benefit from a brand-new songwriting competition ‘For the Song’, launching unearthed talent into the spotlight.
“Have you written a song that could take you places?” is what Swindon’s Earthworm Recording Studio is asking creative singer-songwriters.
Earthworm Recording Studio want to unearth a genuinely brilliant new song, give it the treatment it deserves and put together a professional package including a single, video and showcase performance for the winner.
Upon submission the song will be presented to a panel of judges who work within the music industry.
Earthworm producer, and For the Song judge, Jon Buckett said: “It could be your first or 150th song, written in your bedroom, a song for a lover, written about climbing a hill, singing to your kids or working night shifts whilst dreaming of better things. It doesn’t matter.
“If you think you have a brilliant song that needs developing, it might well be the musical treasure we’re looking for.”
The winning entry will benefit from first class musical and promotional support in launching your song including:
- Producer Jon Buckett & the Earthworm team (www.earstudio.co.uk)
- Photographer Jennifer Berry (www.jennifermjberry.com)
- OT Films (www.otfilms.co.uk)
- Sheer Music / Songs of Praise – live showcase (www.sheermusic.co.uk)
- Drumattic vintage drums (http://www.drum-attic.co.ukwww.drum-attic.co.uk)
- Jon Buckett (Music producer, arranger and musician)
- Gaz Brookfield (Acoustic Magazines Songwriter of the Year)
- Lee Alder (Songwriter & Film music composer)
- Marland Music Management (Veteran music management and promoters)
Jon added: “Submit your song and we promise we’ll listen to it. Depending on the number of entries we will do our very best to provide a little feedback to each one we receive. We’ll be selecting our pick for 2018 over the next month, so don’t put it off.
“Your entry should be an audio recording with lyrics. Quality isn’t important but it must be a standard audio file (no video), and must include at least an audible lead vocal singing the melody.”
The deadline for 2018 is Wednesday 31 October.
For further information and to submit your original song visit www.earstudio.co.uk and follow the link to “For the Song.”