Ageas Salisbury International Arts Festival has transformed an empty shop into a crime scene to publicise its show Betrayal
Ageas Salisbury International Arts Festival has transformed an empty shop in the Old George Mall Shopping centre into a crime scene to publicise its production of Betrayal, coming to the city from 3 to 5 June.
Betrayal is an immersive music, theatre and dance show which will be staged in an area of The Maltings car park. Beyond a cordon of police tape, the audience will become detectives, moving amongst six scenes involving singers and dancers and encouraged to piece together a web of intersecting stories that unfold before them. The performance is based on the music of Gesualdo, a composer who gained notoriety as a murderer, and whose story has inspired Betrayal. The music is sung by vocal ensemble I Fagiolini who brought How Like An Angel to the Festival with Circa in 2013.
Tickets for Betrayal can be booked at salisburyfestival.co.uk or by calling 0845 241 9651.
- The 43rd Ageas Salisbury International Arts Festival runs from Friday 22 May – Saturday 6 June 2015.
- The annual 16-day Ageas Salisbury International Arts Festival blazed into life in 1973 with a performance by Paco Peña and it is a leading commissioning and producing Festival which attracts over 70,000 attendances each year and contributes £3m to the regional economy.
- Ageas Salisbury International Arts Festival won Wiltshire Event of the Year in the 2014 Wiltshire Life Awards and a gold award for Tourism Event of the Year in the 2013/14 South West Tourism Awards.
- Ageas Salisbury International Arts Festival is supported by Principal Sponsor Ageas, Wiltshire Council and Arts Council England – South West. Its national media partner is The Telegraph and its regional media partner is Salisbury Journal.
- The Festival is supported using public funding by Arts Council England which champions, develops and invests in artistic and cultural experiences that enrich people’s lives.
- The Festival is a registered charity, RCN 276940.
facebook.com/SalisburyArtsFestival Twitter @AgeasSalisFest